Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Appraisal and Florence changes

Closing is in 2 days and our appraisal just came in. When I finally received it I was surprised to see that it was completed on March 4th...so why am I receiving it now? I've never bought a house before so I am not aware of how long these things take but I do think it's a little odd that the appraisal came in 23 days ago. Oh well, I have it now and everything looks good. The house was appraised for almost $25k more than we are paying for it and we are happy about that. The appraisal was 20 pages long and included front and back pictures of my house plus one street view photo. It also included photos of comparable sales in the area, square footage and the amount that was paid for the house. Overall the entire appraisal report was pretty interesting.

On another note, have you noticed the changes in the Florence floor plan? There's an option for a 3 car garage, tray ceiling in master bedroom, island in the kitchen in addition to the gourmet island and a standup shower/linen closet combo for the master bath. I wonder if the 3 car garage expands the overall size of the home. For example, will the kitchen and upstairs match the extension of the 3rd car or will the garage be expanded but everything else will look the same? I think it's cool that RH is making these subtle changes to an existing floor plan. Makes it all not so cookie cutter :-)

7 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the changes! Where did you find them?

    Congrats on your appraisal and almost closing !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We are so excited.

      The floor plan is on RH's website. I was checking out my community and saw the changes there.

      Delete
  2. Congrats! You are so close!! We just started the process and are currently waiting on our permits, we are also building a Florence! Gonna head over to the website and see what changes they have made to the floorplan!

    http://ournewhomeflorence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and congrats to you! It's an exciting journey :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats! We just closed on our home on the 27th! We built a Dunkirk!

    ReplyDelete