Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Pictures and Thieves!

The hubs passed by the house a couple of times this week just to check on the progress. Our PM told us framing should start Sun/Mon but it has been snowing and raining so that didn't happen. Here are some pictures my husband took on Monday









Today at lunch my husband passed by only to see some guys stealing our stuff! He said as he approached our lot he noticed 2 men going back and forth from the house to a van. He said they took windows, wood...pretty much anything they could fit into the van. As soon as he stopped the car and was ready to get out the 2 guys ran back to the van and took off. He took pictures of the van's plate and called our PM but he said our PM didn't seem concerned. The framers were supposed to be at our house but called and said they wouldn't be able to make it because they were caught up at another job.





The strings wrapped around the lumber was cut and there was wood everywhere even in the street. As you can see our windows/doors/lumber is just laid out on the ground everywhere. Should I be concerned about the weather and the damage it could do to it? I'm worried about exposed wood as we are supposed to more snow/rain starting tomorrow. Should I complain about it?

3 comments:

  1. That's crazy about people stealing stuff from your home site!

    I think just about every house has had rain or snow on it while it was a pile of wood... or after it was put together but not wrapped... or when it didn't have a roof or shingles. It's one of those things that everyone stresses over, but the wood will dry out pretty good once they get it all together and get the heater set up inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! You caught them!!
    I would have to venture and say after reading some many blogs about theft I am not surprised; however I am surprised you busted them. I would put in a police report and tell the SR too. The PMs are used to the theft but it doesn't mean we should sit back and tolerate the behavior!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am planning on speaking to our SR this week to let him know. The town where my community is in is kind of an up and coming area and there are a ton of builders around. I wouldnt be surprised if the theives were from another builder.

      RH has to replace whatever was stolen. I'm sure the SR will prob have an I dont care attitude like our PM.

      Delete