Saturday, February 2, 2013

Home Decor...my favorite part!

I've already started thinking about decorating and what I need to start buying. I know I'm a little ways away from actually moving but it's never too early to get started ;-)

The mudroom will be our main access to the house as well as our laundry room. In the model home they have this really nice entryway bench that has a huge mirror (for quick glances before you step out the house), hooks to hang coats/purses and a storage bench so you can store shoes/gloves/accessories before entering the house. I want to try to replicate that. I found a really nice entryway bench at Crate and Barrel.


The only thing is that it costs $600!!! I saw it in person and it has a nice quality feel to it but damn! I told myself to look around first and see what else is out there before I spend that kind of money on a bench and mirror.

I went to Target and found this mirror with hooks for a much more reasonable price. Now I'm on the hunt for a storage bench. We also bought 2 shelves with hooks on them (imagine the picture below without the mirror) to go on either side of the mirror. This mirror isn't as big as the crate and barrel but it's enough, it's doable. What is your main use for your mudroom if you have one?

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry- I have already thought of thousands of ideas to decorate. There is so much on Pinterest that would look awesome. My model doesn't have an entryway bench, but I definitely agree with the entrway bench. The mudroom will be our main entrance too. I have even thought about building a little bench in the bottom corner and also building some sort of cabinet/shelving at the top. I'm working on a post now with photos of all my pinterest ideas. I will let you know when it's posted!




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am obsessed with pinterest! Oh cool I would love to see your ideas. I like DIY projects and would love to see how yours come out.

      Delete
  2. I love the bench and mirror... Crate & Barrel has some really nice stuff, but it's definitely not cheap!

    Unfortunately, due to lack of a better place, our cats' litter box is in the mudroom across from the washer and dryer. That leaves zero room for anything else. We just bought a bench with storage under the seat to put next to the front door so we'd have somewhere to put our shoes, but since the mudroom will be our main entryway, I'm sure we'll eventually have to come up with a bench or something for the garage too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it would go on sale but I can't justify spending that much right now. I'll just get the look for less :)

      I think that's a good spot to put your pet stuff. The bench in the garage idea sounds good especially since your cat stuff goes in the mudroom and you don't really enter through the front door. I think that's a good idea.

      Delete