Sunday, January 27, 2013

Breaking Ground and Pouring Foundation

It's hard for us to take a daily visit to see everything that goes on because we are a little over an hour away. Our SR does an awesome job of making sure we are up to date on the progress of the house by sending us pictures of the process. 

We officially broke ground on January 16, 2013. Here is a picture of that:




Seems so small :-/ but I know once the framing is put up it will look bigger. 

The foundation was poured on January 21st. Here are some photos of that:




So far we have been lucky enough to have been able to see these two occasions in person. Ground breaking day we were both off of work so we drove up there and saw the guy on his little machine thing digging our dirt. On the day they poured the foundation I was also off from work because it was MLK day so I drove up with my mom and we saw the finished product. I even met a neighbor of mine! How exciting :-)

In the next couple of days comes the framing. My SR told us that framing happens really quickly and I know I won't be able to see it all in person. Luckily he will keep us in the loop with pictures. That is very nice of him to do and we appreciate it. 

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new home! It appears as if we're both on a pretty close if not same timeline. Our ground was dug and foundation poured this past week too. Waterproofing and framing should start near the end of this week- if the snow holds off for us! It'll be nice to follow your posts! Feel free to add my blog to your list: aflorencewithryanhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Congrats on your home! I'm excited to have someone on the same schedule as us. I'll definitely add your blog :-)

      Delete
  2. Framing does happen quickly... usually in just 2-4 days. It's good that your SR is willing to send you updates and pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica, You are on your WAY!! HAPPY BUILDING!!

    You may want to check to see if your SR or PM will sent you pictures since you are so far away.

    ReplyDelete